[an error occurred while processing this directive]

The Skinny Black Man
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

August 12, 2004

And the skies opened up 

UPDATE: This was a post I started on our first trip to Scotland (8/12/2004 to be exact) that I never got to finish. I know the end of the story, but would feel disingenuous if I finished it now, so I publish it as it was. By the way, it's April 3, 2007

Whew! What a week. Everything has definitely got a little more intense and apparently this is just the beginning. I was hoping to be able to update the blog more frequently, but do to the internet situation and a lack of my own computer, it has been difficult. There are quite a few things that I would like to talk about, but I'm not sure if I'm going to have time. So, if the blog seems a little discombobulated, I apologize, just trying to get the most info in it, in the least amount of time. OK, here goes!

Over the weekend, for the first time in my life, I had Absinthe. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a kind of alcohol (I think) that has been banned in many parts of the world, because it's been known to drive people mad. So, of course, I had to try it. It was rather bitter in it's taste, even though it had sugar in the shot glass, but not too bad. On several occasions I have had an opiated brandy from China that tastes worse. I must admit, I did feel a difference initially, but nothing too major, just a different sort of buzz is all. I figured I should stick to just one shot, so as not to miss my show the next day. Did I mention this was the beginning of the night? So on I went with my normal night of drinking and partying. Paul (Provenza, our director) toured me around to a couple of different late night shows and introduced me to a couple of people, some of whom had already seen my show and had nothing but good things to say. We ended up at a venue called "The Guilded Balloon", in the Library bar. Things were good and I felt normal up to this point, I had been drinking and having a good time, then I decided it was time to go home (at about 5am) and said goodbye to everyone and left. As I was on my way home, I started mulling over things in my head, as I usually do when I have time to myself, except I was becoming angry. Suddenly, things that didn't seem so important became massive. I trudged on home becoming more furious with each step, and not really knowing why. Once I was home, I was delighted to get into bed because the late night schedule was really starting to wear on my body, unfortunately my head wouldn't stop thinking and getting angry. So about an hour and a half pass by and at this rate I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep. Having suffered from an overactive brain my entire life, I have not been able to fall asleep for the same reason before, but this time was different. It was so completely clear that I was not going to be able to sleep. I decided to go running in the park across the street from the flat. Yeah, that will work, I'll get out some aggression and wear my body down even more. I ran for about 20 minutes and then came back to the flat and laid down again. Nope, that wasn't working. In fact, suddenly sitting still was pissing me off. I put on my pants and got up and headed for the door. Luckily, before I left I had the sense enough to grab my camera, just in case a photo opportunity came up. As I headed out I remembered that I wanted to walk up to "Arthur's seat," a mountain on the east side of town. I headed east, not knowing exactly how to get there, but knowing I would find it. Part of me thought that I would get tired and just want to head back even before I got there.

Skinny Black ManThis has been an offical message from The Skinny Black Man

Links to this post:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?